Even though Celtic weren’t at their brilliant best in Saturday’s 3-2 win over Rangers, a familiar pattern played out before, during and after the game.
Before it we endured the usual bravado from the south side of the city – from club officials as well as fans – telling us we were ‘there for the taking’ and that Rangers had ‘closed the gap’ on Celtic.
During the game – as this side tend to always do under Ange Postecoglou, especially when it matters most – Celtic found a way to win! It’s now 6 games and counting since Celtic lost to Rangers in the league.
And after the game? Take your pick.
If it wasn’t Michael Beale, it was captain James Tavernier and team-mate Todd Cantwell reverting to what has become a very familiar excuse culture in the aftermath of another Glasgow Derby defeat.
The footballing equivalent of “a big boy did it and ran away!”
For Celtic, a second successive Scottish league title is now just 3 games away.
ALSO IN THIS EPISODE
- Ange’s Men Do Their Talking On The Pitch
- Celtic’s Unsung Heroes
- It’s Time For Tomoki
LINKS FROM THIS WEEK’S SHOW
- Matchday Images From @Hargi_ on Twitter
- Quickfire Questions With Tomoki Iwata
- Start Your Free 7 Day Trial of The Celtic Exchange Plus
HELP US TO GROW THE CELTIC EXCHANGE
- To make sure you don’t miss an episode Follow The Channel For Free on your podcast player of choice.
- Take 30 seconds to Leave Us a Five Star Review on Apple, Spotify or at The Celtic Exchange website.
- Join hundreds of other like-minded Celtic supporters and Enjoy Our Free Weekly Newsletter.