One of the most exciting pieces of news to come out of Celtic’s recent AGM was confirmation from Ange Postecoglou that the club will be undertaking an “aggressive” new transfer strategy as we aim to bridge the gap between ourselves and Europe’s biggest clubs.
This may mean fans having to bid farewell to some of the current crop of heroes, but the flip side of course is that new heroes will emerge as we continue to progress under Ange’s leadership.
Chief Financial Officer Chris McKay also spoke at the AGM of the importance of Champions League qualification on a consistent basis and confirmed exciting new plans for a revamped format of the tournament from the 2024/25 season, which could open the door to lucrative new revenues for the club.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- What Doors Does Champions League Qualification Open?
- Why Saying Goodbye to Current “Heroes” Could be a Good Thing
- Are Ange & The Board Making Long Term Plans?
- What Does Success Look Like This Season?
- Mif Lodges Formal Appeal Against Last Week’s #MysteryCelt
LINKS FROM THIS WEEK’S SHOW
- The New Champions League Format Explained (“The Swiss Model”)
- Celtic’s AGM 2022 – Full Video Interviews
- Harry Kewell: Life Under Ange at Celtic
- Enjoy our Match Content at The Celtic Exchange Plus
HELP US TO GROW THE CELTIC EXCHANGE
If you’re enjoying The Celtic Exchange help us to grow the show by following the channel for free on your podcast player of choice – and if you haven’t already done so please take a minute to leave us a five star review while you’re there.
If you want to provide further support to The Celtic Exchange and to allow us to keep doing what we do, you can subscribe for our additional match content (covering EVERY Celtic game!) at The Celtic Exchange Plus.